Banks Information Security Audit
With rapid advances in Information Technology (IT), institutions engaged in the financial services sector have actively begun to utilize systems using open networks as typified by the Internet. IS or IT Audit is “the process of collecting and evaluating evidence to determine whether a computer system safeguards assets, maintains data integrity, allows organizational goals to be achieved effectively and uses resources efficiently.”
Vulnerabilities in the Bank’s Information System Include:
- Improper system/network design.
- Programming errors, weak or inadequate physical/logical access controls.
- Absence of or poorly designed procedural controls.
- Lack of backup/contingency procedures.
- Ineffective employee supervision, and management controls.
- Lack of awareness among employees etc.
Financial threats are still profitable for cyber criminals and therefore continue to be an enduring part of the threat landscape. From financial malwares that attack online banking, to attacks against ATMs and fraudulent interbank transactions, there are many different attack vectors utilized by criminals. Most of the banks or financial institutions operate with the use of technology, including the Internet. Without good cyber security measures in place, your bank’s sensitive data could be at risk. Here are some biggest threats to a bank’s cyber security :
- Mobile Banking Risks
- Social Networks and Web 2.0
- Malware, Trojan, Botnets, and DDoS Attacks
- ACH Fraud: Corporate Account Takeover
- Inside Attacks
- First-Party Fraud
- Unencrypted Data
- Third Party Services that aren’t Secure
- Data Breaches
Why Xiarch ?
Xiarch is an ISO 9001:2015 | ISO 27001-2013 licensed Cyber Security Company and IT Services Company with solutions providers in Information Security like VAPT Services, Penetration Testing Services, Vulnerability Assessment Services, Among our consumers we proudly work for Government Organizations, Fortune one thousand Companies and countless start-up companies. We are additionally Value Added Partners, Authorized Re-sellers & Distributor of Leading Web Application Security Testing Tools.
We are headquartered in Delhi and have branch presence in Gurugram, Mumbai and Chennai - India
Interested in our Banks Information Security Audit Service ?
IT'S EASY TO LOCATE US
New Delhi - Head Office
Xiarch Solutions Private Limited
- 352, 2nd Floor, Tarun, Outer Ring Road, Pitampura, New Delhi, Delhi 110034