Besides, the IT framework should be security compliant. The framework here includes networks, databases, servers, applications and end-user systems among others.
IT Infrastructure Should be Security Compliant:
Besides, the IT framework should be security compliant. The framework here includes networks, databases, servers, applications and end-user systems among others. Periodic reviews of the security of the bank’s infrastructure and assets are a must to find out vulnerabilities and security loopholes. Appropriate actions need to be taken by the SCBs to fill the security loopholes and get rid of vulnerabilities.
Banks are obviously a high-profile target. The data they gather about their customers – both individuals and businesses – is extremely valuable to hackers looking to carry out an easy phishing attack, for example. Because their data is so valuable, they have to be aware of the risks and ready to protect it.
The three most common insider threats are as follows:
- Modifying or stealing confidential or sensitive information for personal gain.
- Theft of trade secrets or customer identification to be used for business advantage
- Sabotage of an organization’s data, systems or network.
Common Identified Vulnerabilities in Web Application Security Testing
Vulnerabilities are the flaw in the applications which enables the attacker to exploit the security of application.
- Buffer Overflow occurs when there is more data in a buffer than it can handle, causing data to overflow into adjacent storage.
- CRLF Injection refers to the special character elements “Carriage Return” and “Line Feed.” Exploits occur when an attacker is able to inject a CRLF sequence into an HTTP stream.
- Cross-Site Request Forgery Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) is a malicious attack that tricks the user’s web browser to perform undesired actions so that they appear as if an authorized user is performing those actions.
- Cross-Site Scripting( XSS ) vulnerabilities target scripts embedded in a web page that are executed on the client-side (in the user’s web browser) rather than on the server-side.
- Directory Traversal Directory traversal is a type of HTTP exploit that is used by attackers to gain unauthorized access to restricted directories and files.
- Failure to Restrict URL Access is one of the common vulnerabilities listed on the Open Web Application Security Project’s (OWASP) Top 10. The OWASP Top 10 details the most critical vulnerabilities in web applications.
- Insecure Cryptographic Storage is a typical defencelessness that happens when delicate information isn't put away safely and not stored securely.
- Insufficient Transport Layer Protection is a Web Application Security weakness caused by applications not taking any measures to protect network traffic.
- LDAP infusion or injection is the system of abusing web applications that utilize customer provided information in LDAP proclamations or statements without first taking possibly malicious characters from the solicitation or request.
- OS Command Injection refers to a class of critical application vulnerabilities involving dynamically generated content. Attackers execute arbitrary commands on a user operating system using a vulnerable application.
- SQL injection is a type of web application vulnerability in which an attacker is able to submit a malicious database queries, which is executed by a web application, exposing the back-end database.
- SQL Injection SQL injection is a type of web application security vulnerability in which an attacker is able to submit a database SQL command, which is executed by a web application, exposing the back-end database.
With the the aid of of Web Application Security testing offerings all the vulnerabilities are recognized and mitigated, making an utility invulnerable to web attacks
Inventory Management of Business IT Assets
Maintaining an updated business and IT Asset Inventory register is a must for every SCB. It should have information about the details of every IT asset, its criticality and systems which contain customer information, and classify it according to the sensitivity.
Preventing Access of Unauthorised Software
Every SCB should maintain an updated and if possible a centralized inventory of the authorized soft-ware. They should also have a mechanism in place to monitor and block the installation of unauthorized software. Even the web browser settings should be up-to-date, and internet usage should be restricted.
Network Management & Security
Perform a regular configuration check on all the network devices and change their passwords periodically with some complexity. Wireless networks, access points, wireless client access systems should also be secured.
Anti- Virus & Patch Management
There should be systems in place to monitor the status of the patches of servers, OS and software which the SCB officials are using. Even the anti-virus management is a must and should be centralized.
Secure Mail & Messaging Systems
It is important to secure email and messaging systems. SCB’s vendors’& partners email and the messaging system should also be secured. Even the email server specific controls should be implemented and well documented.
The use of removable devices should be prohibited in the banking domain unless authorized specifically. Even when authorized it should be scanned for malware, viruses and ensure erasure of data post use.
What We Deliver ?
It’s an important practice that gives organizations visibility into real-world threats to your security. As part of a routine security check, penetration tests allow you to find the gaps in your security before a hacker does by exploiting vulnerabilities and providing steps for remediation.
Our experts will furnish an itemized security evaluation report with legitimate remediation steps to be taken.
Distinguish Security Weaknesses inside your Digital Asset permitting you to proactively remediate any issues that emerge and improve your security act.
Constantly updating Vulnerability Information to stay in touch with the emerging threat landscape.
Receive overview and trend data of all of the current security issues you face in your organisation. All viewable on an Digital Report.
We also assured you that your assessments are executed by qualified experts.
Our group of security specialists holds industry capabilities, for example, CHECK Team Member and Team Leader, CEH, ECSA, OSCP, CISA, CISSP, and many more.
Why Xiarch ?
Xiarch is a CERT-IN Empanelled & ISO 9001:2015 | ISO 27001-2013 Licensed Cyber Security Company and IT Services Company with solutions providers in Information Security like VAPT Services, Penetration Testing Services, Vulnerability Assessment Services, Among our consumers we proudly work for Government Organizations, Fortune one thousand Companies and countless start-up companies. We are additionally Value Added Partners, Authorized Re-sellers & Distributor of Leading Web Application Security Testing Tools.
We are headquartered in Delhi and have branch presence in Gurugram, Mumbai and Chennai - India
Few Customer Testimonials
Our clients like us for our specialized abilities, administration quality and polished methodology. Sharing their great words is a delight for us.
Trusted by Thousand of Brands
Get In Touch With Us
Test the effectiveness of your own security controls before malicious parties do it for you. Our security experts are here to help — schedule a call today.
Xiarch Security is an global security firm that educates clients, identifies security risks, informs intelligent business decisions, and enables you to reduce your attack surface digitally, physically and socially.
Certified Security Experts
Our security experts are exceptionally qualified and confirmed by CEH, ECSA, OSCP, CISA, CISSP, and numerous others.
Communication & Collaboration
After surveying the code our specialists shared the best answers to correct them. Our experts will communicate with you for any further implementations.
We hold industry-leading certifications and dedicate part of every day to research the latest exploit techniques to ensure our clients remain protected from evolving online attacks.
Free Remediation Testing
Once your team addresses remediation recommendations, Xiarch will schedule your retest at no additional charge.