UNIFIED PAYMENTS INTERFACE (UPI) AUDIT
Unified Payments Interface (UPI) is an instant real-time payment system developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to facilitate the inter-bank transactions. The interface is regulated by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and works by instantly transferring funds between two bank accounts on a mobile platform.
What is UPI Audit?
Banks and PSPs need to think through their security strategies, governance models and predictive controls to build a secure UPI environment that ensures a seamless user experience and at the same time balances security risks.
What is required from Banks and PSPs for audit –
- Ensure security of UPI environment and interfacing systems
- Ensure security of identity on the mobile device
- Introduce new security tools to protect the changing business model
- Perform advanced and smart analytics for effective monitoring of security risks
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and adoption of industry standards
- Maintain logs and security to help in forensics
- Ensure you have appropriate response processes in place so that you are able to act quickly in the event of an incident being discovered
- Share periodic knowledge/ security bulletins with customers
Scope of external UPI audit
- Evaluation of the hardware structure, operating systems and critical applications, security and controls in place, including access controls on key applications, Disaster recovery plans
- Training of personnel managing systems and applications, documentation, etc.
- Process validation as per NPCI guidelines
- The audit should cover compliance as per security best practices, specifically the application security lifecycle, patch/ vulnerability management, change management and adherence to the process flow as given by NPCI from time-to-time.
- Mobile Application penetration testing (version number to be mentioned in the report) Associated Network-Server-Application (OS/ database/ web app details to be mentioned in the report)
- Configuration Review (Secure-Configuration-Hardening)/ Architecture Review/ Vulnerability Assessment
CERT-IN has created a panel of qualified auditors to conduct auditing for various government organizations. The audit may include vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, testing the external and internal security posture of the organization against internal and external threats. CERT-IN chooses auditors based on rigorous empanelment procedure that evaluates the participating company’s technical skill and expertise. The empanelled auditors are then authorized to evaluate information security risks and controls of companies to be audited.
SISA as an Empanelled Auditor
Since the past five years, SISA has been a CERT-IN Empanelled Auditor and has been a great contributor to the information security sector, particularly in the payment security industry.
Our expertise and skill have proved our efficiency on various occasions across several domains and sectors. Our competent compliance services serve the needs of a huge customer base which includes e-commerce, payment service providers, telecommunications, banks, ITES, insurance, retail companies and airlines.
Reach us today for your UPI audit compliance check.
Interested in our UPI Audit?
IT'S EASY TO LOCATE US
New Delhi - Head Office
Xiarch Solutions Private Limited
- 352, 2nd Floor, Tarun, Outer Ring Road, Pitampura, New Delhi, Delhi 110034