DATA LOSS PREVENTION
Strategic solution for protecting transfer of business critical data outside the corporate network
As corporations store and communicate more and more personal facts and figures the use of digital technology, records leak safety has come into centre of attention as a vital security requirement.
The nightly news is full of cautionary testimonies of agencies whose information leak protection methods failed. The effects are regularly disastrous – patron records are exposed, proprietary data is stolen and private corporate records is revealed, drastically negative corporate reputation, client self-belief and profitability.
What is Data Loss Prevention (DLP)?
Data loss prevention (DLP) is a set of equipment and procedures used to make certain that confidential statistics is no longer lost, misused, or accessed by means of unauthorized users. DLP program classifies regulated, personal and enterprise essential facts and identifies violations of issued and implemented policies defined by businesses or inside a predefined policy pack, normally pushed through regulatory compliance such as HIPAA, PCI-DSS, or GDPR. Once these violations are identified, DLP enforces remediation with alerts, encryption, and varied defensive movements to forestall stop customers from accidentally or maliciously sharing statistics that could put the business enterprise at risk. Data loss prevention software program and tools monitor and manage endpoint activities, filter records streams on company networks, and monitor records in the cloud to defend records at rest, in motion, and in use. DLP also affords reporting to meet compliance and auditing necessities and perceive areas of weak spot and anomalies for forensics and incident response.
- Protect Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and comply with applicable regulations
- Protect Intellectual Property indispensable for the organization
- Achieve records visibility in giant organizations
- Secure cellular workforce and implement safety in Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) environments
- Secure information on far flung cloud systems
Data Leakage Prevention
You can use widespread protection equipment to defend in opposition to facts loss and leakage. For example, an Intrusion Detection System (IDS) can alert about attacker tries to get right of entry to specific data. Antivirus software program can stop attackers from compromising crucial systems. A firewall can block access from any unauthorized group to sources storing sensitive data.
If you are one of a massive organization, you may flip to distinct DLP equipment or options to shield your data. You can additionally use tooling in the Security Operations Center (SOC) to help with DLP. For example, you can use a Security Information and Event (SIEM) service to discover and correlate activities which might represent an information leak.
Causes of Data Leaks
- Insider threats — a malicious insider, or an attacker who has compromised a privileged consumer account, abuses their permissions and tries to cross records external to the organization.
- Extrusion by attackers — many cyber assaults have confidential facts as their target. Attackers penetrate the security perimeter with the aid of methods like phishing, malware or code injection, and acquire access to confidential data.
- Unintentional or negligent data exposure — many information leaks appear as an end result of individuals who lose important information in public, provide open Internet admission to data, or fail to hinder get right of entry as per organizational policies.
DLP Solutions and File Security Solutions
File Security Solutions, such as Xiarch File Firewall, are a necessary phase of a DLP strategy. Such options guard records at rest and information in use, and realize leaks of file-based data.
Xiarch File Firewall helps stop facts leaks by:
- Monitoring access to all confidential archives and recording granular utilization of information such as user, department, file accessed, file kind and operation response time.
- Alerting on, and routinely blocking, file movements that violate protection policies.
- Detecting strange or suspicious person conduct using artificial machine learning, to become aware of insider threats.
- Mitigating Ransomware assaults via detecting and blocking off standard file access patterns.
- Auditing, performing compliance check and accordingly reporting on all file operations for forensic purposes.
Xiarch is an ISO 9001:2015 | ISO 27001-2013 licensed Cyber Security Company and IT Services Company with solutions providers in Information Security like VAPT Services, Penetration Testing Services, Vulnerability Assessment Services, Among our consumers we proudly work for Government Organizations, Fortune one thousand Companies and countless start-up companies. We are additionally Value Added Partners, Authorized Re-sellers & Distributor of Leading Web Application Security Testing Tools.
We are headquartered in Delhi and have branch presence in Gurugram, Mumbai and Chennai - India
Interested in our Data Loss Prevention ?
IT'S EASY TO LOCATE US
New Delhi - Head Office
Xiarch Solutions Private Limited
- 352, 2nd Floor, Tarun, Outer Ring Road, Pitampura, New Delhi, Delhi 110034