A comprehensive cyber security gap analysis is the logical next step following a vulnerability scan. It’s also a key component of Xiarch's approach to big-picture cyber security management. Whereas our vulnerability scanning services identify risks on a granular level, a security gap analysis builds on this. It provides the strategic intelligence necessary to develop an effective security posture that aligns with the goals of your business.
Xiarch is unique among security consulting firms in that our services enable the growth and success of your business, rather than merely react to threats as they occur. A cybersecurity gap analysis is an important part of this, as it looks at both the technology you have in place and the internal processes that help you maintain a stronger, more secure IT infrastructure.
How to Get Started
Xiarch's vulnerability scanning and data security gap analysis processes are completely non-intrusive. We understand that for busy organizations, work can't come to a halt when you need assessments. Our scanning services can be performed remotely, across multiple platforms and multiple locations. The process is instantaneous and provides us with accurate reporting that we use to develop a plan for moving forward.
At the procedural level, we attempt to find the points of convergence between your people, your policies and the potential holes in your database security. This allows us to make targeted recommendations that, ultimately, allow you to allocate resources more effectively.
Xiarch provides a standardized approach to security assessment, authorization, and continuous monitoring for organization. Testing security controls is an integral part of the organization’s security requirements. Providing a plan for security control ensures that the process runs smoothly. Your Infrastructure & IT Security will be assessed by the Xiarch Solutions. The use of an independent assessment team reduces the potential for conflicts of interest that could occur in verifying the implementation status and effectiveness of the security controls. According to the NIST, Managing Information Security Risk states:
Assessor independence is an important factor in: (i) preserving the impartial and unbiased nature of the assessment process; (ii) determining the credibility of the security assessment results; and (iii) ensuring that the authorizing official receives the most objective information possible in order to make an informed, risk-based, authorization decision.
Xiarch cyber security gap analysis is a very specific service based on industry-recognized best practices, as well as our own experience as leaders in the field. Our gap analysis looks at more than 100 aspects of overall cyber security, with a special focus on the challenges facing small- and medium-sized businesses — one of the groups most frequently targeted in cyber attacks. Using a combination of scanning tools, workshops with your key staff and other research, we map your overall security posture against our proprietary maturity model, and give you a security maturity score
Once we've identified where gaps lie, we can determine how well you’re managing these risks and provide specific advice for moving your business forward. This involves not just technological or infrastructural improvements, but also changes to your internal policies that help manage threats on the level of people and processes. We also look specifically at the governance and regulatory compliance requirements of your industry, making sure you are well-positioned to mitigate risks or pass an audit with ease
Although Xiarch Solutions Ltd has performed Gap Analysis engagements on numerous regulations, guidelines and best practice standards, the following requirement documents have been the most popular.
- NCUA – Rules and Regulations, Part 748, Appendix A; Interagency Guidelines Establishing Information Security Standards
- ISO/IEC 27001:2005, Information technology — Security techniques — Information security management systems – Requirements; and
- Massachusetts’ 201 CMR 17.00: Standards for the Protection of Personal Information of Residents of the Commonwealth
- Federal Information Security and Management Act (FISMA)
Improve Security with an IT Gap Analysis
A gap analysis is a highly valuable tool for determining whether your IT security technology, processes and protocols are meeting performance expectations. A gap analysis essentially identifies the differences between where you are and where you want to be when it comes to securing your organization against a wide array of threats and risks.
Armed with results of a superior gap analysis, you can prioritize investments and efforts as you work to increase security and improve governance risk management and compliance processes. A gap analysis can help to identify areas vulnerable to attack, problems with compliance, issues with security policy, flaws in security technology, and much more.
When you want a cyber security solutions provider who offers a broad range of gap analysis and security assessment services, Xiarch can help.
A Gap Analysis with Xiarch
Xiarch is one of the largest comprehensive pure-play cyber security solutions providers in North America. Our security services, solutions and technology help organizations in multiple industries to plan, build and run more successful cyber security programs. Having worked with more than 12,000 clients of various sizes, we have the extensive experience, expertise and insight to help clients define strategy, identify risks, deploy technology and enable security readiness.
Xiarch Gap Analysis Services
We offer gap analysis in multiple areas of service:
- Gap analysis for mergers and acquisitions, helping to map a course to maintain control as you consolidate systems, and identify process and technologies to keep environments safe and secure.
- PCI gap analysis, enabling companies that store, process or transmit credit card data to achieve compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). We can also provide assessments of ISO compliance and compliance with other regulatory frameworks.
- Risk controls gap analysis, to evaluate current controls, identify weaknesses in your existing approach and provide recommendations customized to business priorities.
- Incident response readiness gap analysis, to review current incident response programs and provide recommendations for improvement along with a detailed roadmap for improving security posture.
- Identity and access management (IAM) gap assessment, to understand current state intricacies and challenges, and provide recommendations for short-term and strategic roadmaps tailored to your business needs.
- Security architecture and implementation gap analysis, to assess your current environment and determine readiness for implementing specific technologies.
Why Xiarch ?
Xiarch is an ISO 9001:2015 | ISO 27001-2013 licensed Cyber Security Company and IT Services Company with solutions providers in Information Security like VAPT Services, Penetration Testing Services, Vulnerability Assessment Services, Among our consumers we proudly work for Government Organizations, Fortune one thousand Companies and countless start-up companies. We are additionally Value Added Partners, Authorized Re-sellers & Distributor of Leading Web Application Security Testing Tools.
We are headquartered in Delhi and have branch presence in Gurugram, Mumbai and Chennai - India
Interested in our IOT Device Security Testing Services ?
IT'S EASY TO LOCATE US
New Delhi - Head Office
Xiarch Solutions Private Limited
- 352, 2nd Floor, Tarun, Outer Ring Road, Pitampura, New Delhi, Delhi 110034
- [email protected]