A payment gateway is an online payment solution which empowers merchants to accept payment online including credit card, debit card, direct debit, bank transfer and real-time bank transfers. Payment gateway protects sensitive customer data like credit card number & CVV, netbanking credentials etc. by encrypting the traffic to ensure that the information is passed securely between customer & merchant.
Security Concerns over Payment Gateway
The functionality of payment gateway is segregated across multiple levels of operations. Hence threats to its security can also be segregated based each level:
- Network level: Any security risk present in underlying network infrastructure may lead to the compromise of payment gateway. Therefore ensure that the devices & servers are configured properly and network perimeter is also defended against unauthorized access.
- Transaction level: The security concerns at transaction level include accepting an invalid transaction, for example – ‘0’ amount transaction, negative amount transaction and transaction with invalid details etc. Hence before accepting any transaction for processing, its validity should be checked properly.
- Application level: This level is about the coding standard of payment gateway and subject to application security risks like – SQL injection, XSS, Direct URL Access, CSRF etc. Refer list of OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities for more details.
How Payment Gateway Works
Here are the steps of how payment gateway works in online shopping environment:
- A buyer purchases an item and enters a credit card number, buyer’s name & CVV number in the checkout page.
- Details about the purchase are sent from the checkout page to the payment gateway for processing.
- The payment gateway forwards transaction information to the merchant's bank.
- The whole channel between the merchant's website to payment gateway and payment gateway to merchant’s bank is encrypted.
- The merchant’s bank forwards transaction information to the bank that issued the buyer’s credit card to authorize the transaction.
- The bank that issued the buyer’s credit card either approves or denies the transaction and sends that information back to the merchant’s bank.
- If the transaction is approved, the bank will deposit funds on a merchant’s account at a scheduled time.
- The payment gateway sends transaction details and responses back to the merchant website.
- The merchant website lets the buyer know if the transaction was approved or denied.
What We Deliver ?
It’s an important practice that gives organizations visibility into real-world threats to your security. As part of a routine security check, penetration tests allow you to find the gaps in your security before a hacker does by exploiting vulnerabilities and providing steps for remediation.
Our experts will furnish an itemized security evaluation report with legitimate remediation steps to be taken.
Distinguish Security Weaknesses inside your Digital Asset permitting you to proactively remediate any issues that emerge and improve your security act.
Constantly updating Vulnerability Information to stay in touch with the emerging threat landscape.
Receive overview and trend data of all of the current security issues you face in your organisation. All viewable on an Digital Report.
We also assured you that your assessments are executed by qualified experts.
Our group of security specialists holds industry capabilities, for example, CHECK Team Member and Team Leader, CEH, ECSA, OSCP, CISA, CISSP, and many more.
Why Xiarch ?
Xiarch is a CERT-IN Empanelled & ISO 9001:2015 | ISO 27001-2013 Licensed Cyber Security Company and IT Services Company with solutions providers in Information Security like VAPT Services, Penetration Testing Services, Vulnerability Assessment Services, Among our consumers we proudly work for Government Organizations, Fortune one thousand Companies and countless start-up companies. We are additionally Value Added Partners, Authorized Re-sellers & Distributor of Leading Web Application Security Testing Tools.
We are headquartered in Delhi and have branch presence in Gurugram, Mumbai and Chennai - India
Few Customer Testimonials
Our clients like us for our specialized abilities, administration quality and polished methodology. Sharing their great words is a delight for us.
Trusted by Thousand of Brands
Get In Touch With Us
Test the effectiveness of your own security controls before malicious parties do it for you. Our security experts are here to help — schedule a call today.
Xiarch Security is an global security firm that educates clients, identifies security risks, informs intelligent business decisions, and enables you to reduce your attack surface digitally, physically and socially.
Certified Security Experts
Our security experts are exceptionally qualified and confirmed by CEH, ECSA, OSCP, CISA, CISSP, and numerous others.
Communication & Collaboration
After surveying the code our specialists shared the best answers to correct them. Our experts will communicate with you for any further implementations.
We hold industry-leading certifications and dedicate part of every day to research the latest exploit techniques to ensure our clients remain protected from evolving online attacks.
Free Remediation Testing
Once your team addresses remediation recommendations, Xiarch will schedule your retest at no additional charge.