Unified Payments Interface (UPI) is an instant real-time payment system developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to facilitate the inter-bank transactions. The interface is regulated by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and works by instantly transferring funds between two bank accounts on a mobile platform.
What is UPI Audit?
Banks and PSPs need to think through their security strategies, governance models and predictive controls to build a secure UPI environment that ensures a seamless user experience and at the same time balances security risks.
What is required from Banks and PSPs for audit –
- Ensure security of UPI environment and interfacing systems
- Ensure security of identity on the mobile device
- Introduce new security tools to protect the changing business model
- Perform advanced and smart analytics for effective monitoring of security risks
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and adoption of industry standards
- Maintain logs and security to help in forensics
- Ensure you have appropriate response processes in place so that you are able to act quickly in the event of an incident being discovered
- Share periodic knowledge/ security bulletins with customers
Scope of External UPI Audit
- Evaluation of the hardware structure, operating systems and critical applications, security and controls in place, including access controls on key applications, Disaster recovery plans
- Training of personnel managing systems and applications, documentation, etc.
- Process validation as per NPCI guidelines
- The audit should cover compliance as per security best practices, specifically the application security lifecycle, patch/ vulnerability management, change management and adherence to the process flow as given by NPCI from time-to-time.
- Mobile Application penetration testing (version number to be mentioned in the report) Associated Network-Server-Application (OS/ database/ web app details to be mentioned in the report)
- Configuration Review (Secure-Configuration-Hardening)/ Architecture Review/ Vulnerability Assessment
CERT-IN has created a panel of qualified auditors to conduct auditing for various government organizations. The audit may include vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, testing the external and internal security posture of the organization against internal and external threats. CERT-IN chooses auditors based on rigorous empanelment procedure that evaluates the participating company’s technical skill and expertise. The empanelled auditors are then authorized to evaluate information security risks and controls of companies to be audited.
Xiarch as an Empanelled Auditor
Xiarch has been a CERT-IN Empanelled Auditor since eight years and has been a great contributor to the information security sector, particularly in the payment security industry.
Our expertise and skill have proved our efficiency on various occasions across several domains and sectors. Our competent compliance services serve the needs of a huge customer base which includes e-commerce, payment service providers, telecommunications, banks, ITES, insurance, retail companies and airlines.
Reach us today for your UPI audit compliance check.
What We Deliver ?
It’s an important practice that gives organizations visibility into real-world threats to your security. As part of a routine security check, penetration tests allow you to find the gaps in your security before a hacker does by exploiting vulnerabilities and providing steps for remediation.
Our experts will furnish an itemized security evaluation report with legitimate remediation steps to be taken.
Distinguish Security Weaknesses inside your Digital Asset permitting you to proactively remediate any issues that emerge and improve your security act.
Constantly updating Vulnerability Information to stay in touch with the emerging threat landscape.
Receive overview and trend data of all of the current security issues you face in your organisation. All viewable on an Digital Report.
We also assured you that your assessments are executed by qualified experts.
Our group of security specialists holds industry capabilities, for example, CHECK Team Member and Team Leader, CEH, ECSA, OSCP, CISA, CISSP, and many more.
Why Xiarch ?
Xiarch is a CERT-IN Empanelled & ISO 9001:2015 | ISO 27001-2013 Licensed Cyber Security Company and IT Services Company with solutions providers in Information Security like VAPT Services, Penetration Testing Services, Vulnerability Assessment Services, Among our consumers we proudly work for Government Organizations, Fortune one thousand Companies and countless start-up companies. We are additionally Value Added Partners, Authorized Re-sellers & Distributor of Leading Web Application Security Testing Tools.
We are headquartered in Delhi and have branch presence in Gurugram and Mumbai - India
Few Customer Testimonials
Our clients like us for our specialized abilities, administration quality and polished methodology. Sharing their great words is a delight for us.
Trusted by Thousand of Brands
Get In Touch With Us
Test the effectiveness of your own security controls before malicious parties do it for you. Our security experts are here to help — schedule a call today.
Xiarch Security is an global security firm that educates clients, identifies security risks, informs intelligent business decisions, and enables you to reduce your attack surface digitally, physically and socially.
Certified Security Experts
Our security experts are exceptionally qualified and confirmed by CEH, ECSA, OSCP, CISA, CISSP, and numerous others.
Communication & Collaboration
After surveying the code our specialists shared the best answers to correct them. Our experts will communicate with you for any further implementations.
We hold industry-leading certifications and dedicate part of every day to research the latest exploit techniques to ensure our clients remain protected from evolving online attacks.
Free Remediation Testing
Once your team addresses remediation recommendations, Xiarch will schedule your retest at no additional charge.